Installing Hakyll on OS X
I’ve been experiementing with moving my website and blog to Hakyll; a static site generator written in Haskell. Initial impressions are very good, but installation under OS X could be smoother.
The following worked for me.
$ brew install pcre haskell-platform $ cabal update $ cabal install --disable-library-for-ghci highlighting-kate $ cabal install -fhighlighting pandoc $ cabal install hakyll
Further notes on SASS
sass can be used as a CSS pre-processor, providing variables etc. in CSS. It comes as a ruby gem. To install locally on OS X Lion:
- OS X comes with gem already installed.
- Run ‘gem environment’ to check your directories. Note that $HOME/.gem/ruby/1.8 already exists in GEM PATHS.
- $GEM_HOME controls where new gems will be installed to.
- export GEM_HOME=$HOME/.gem/ruby/1.8
- Run ‘gem environment’ again and check you like what you see.
- ‘gem install sass’
- Add $HOME/.gem/ruby/1.8/bin to your PATH.